Thursday, August 03, 2006

So much to share :-)

I learnt so much today!
  • I am starting to understand Polish Humour... which is different to Australian
  • Natalia helped me read the 23rd Psalm.... in Polish
  • I met Paul (from California) the final member of our team
  • I was winning in Polish scrabble (Philip got bored so we stopped)
  • I got a new high score with Phillip in badmington-31 hits
  • I watched the Bold and the Beautiful in Polish (it's Natalia's favourite show)
I also taught Phillip Australian football. He is VERY good already.

I am feeling small and am glad that God is a BIG God and that I am doing this in His strength and not my own. Lila was telling me that when Paul preached 3000 people came to Christ but she feels like they have to preach 3000 sermons for one person to come to Christ. In Poland their Church is looked upon as a sect because it makes up such a small amount of the population. It is easy and exciting to continue to serve Christ when we see the rewards so please pray for Doug and Lila that God encourages them.

When I was feeling the most overwhelmed today I excused myself to take a shower. When I got out the shower Natalia was playing the "dishwasher song" on the piano. What an encouragement! The song is about giving Jesus EVERYTHING.... tears, fears, dreams, hopes..... our whole lives. It helped me through a rough patch last year. Whatever life throws at you, give it back to Christ. He can carry it, mend it, use you! Wherever you have been, whatever you have done. If you want a copy of the song please email me and when I get back to Perth I promise to send it to you.

The other thing I wanted to share with you is Supersheep. He is a Polish/German cartoon caracter from sheepworld-totally adorable! Some of his merchandise has the following (in Polish of course) "Bugs are stupid, trees are stupid, birds are stupid, sun is stupid etc..." and it goes on to finish with "everything is stupid without you" how much that reminds me of God! Especially after having read Psalm 23: The Lord is my Shepherd.

Well, thats enough for tonight. If you see my parents, remind them that I love them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home