Friday, August 04, 2006

Camp time

The family I am staying with left yesterday to set up camp so I spent the evening with their Grandmother who doesn't speak any English. She is a lovely lady and we communicated well enough.
I go today on the bus with all the other campers. Most of them are only 16 or 17 which is a very young group. It also means their English skills aren't as developed.

Phillip showed me google earth yesterday, it's a program where you can zoom in to anywhere in the world. I showed him my house and where I went to school-it was exciting to have that familiar glimpse of home.

I do leave for camp today so will not have computer access for at least 10 days.
Keep praying for the people at camp, both leaders and campers.
We want a fun, safe and life changing time.

4 Comments:

At 11:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Keren, I've really enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks so much for sharing and please keep adding to it - it's great reading!
After reading about some of the things you've experienced already, I think you are incredibly brave and are coping so well with this completetly new experience. I'm praying for you, and I'm so pleased that you have such a sense of God's presence with you.
Love Wendy Mac from Armadale Cong.

 
At 9:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Keren!

Its community night here and we are thinking, praying and talking about you! Lana, Thirza, Jeff, Adam, Alex and Mel .. we all send our love to you. Adam wants to say something to you in polish but....he cant, so I suppose that wont happen!

Anyhoo, know we are thinking about you .. and hope your butt is ok!

Love your Hillview terrace family!

 
At 10:49 PM , Blogger Sim said...

G'day Keren.

It's great to hear from you, sounds like you are coping well. You are in my prayers. Hope all goes well with the camp, can't wait to hear how it went.
God Bless
Simon

 
At 9:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

G'day Kez

I'm so impatient, you're ten days for camp is over and I keep checking and you haven't had a chance to write yet. I want to know what happened and it would be great to find out when I still have computer access. I'm sure I will here soon meanwhile I'll just keep refreshing and hope I find out more soon. I'm back to Northcliffe on Friday morning but it's been good in Perth (except that I haven't seen you).
Love and love and love and prayers.
Naomi and Co

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home