Friday, July 27, 2007

Alone but not alone!

I have said goodbye to the 12 Americans who have blessed me so much these past 2 weeks. We handed out about 3000 Gospels and definately had an impact on the people of Rabka and some ladies stating at our Villa. They are amazed by the sense of community we had. It is confirming what the Bible says-They will know you by your love for one another.... I was feeling a little lonely this morning but a lady and her daughter have taken me under their wings and we are having a lovely, peaceful day.

As for culture shock-I miss vegetables and fruit, I miss my pillow and I miss being able to be independent. Yesterday I visited Krakow (it was amazing!!) but it took me 3 hours to get home when the trip there was just over 1 hour. I was a little worried that I would end up in another country. But God is good and I got home safely.

I am staying in Rabka another week-in the villa by myself. I have a lovely room with windows on 2 sides. I've got to go as it is almost 5 and people are preparing to close the internet room. I am going to meet my friends by the fountain (the fountains are elephants! So lovely) for some ice cream. I do love the icecream. It is sooooo good!!

3 Comments:

At 8:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Keren for the regular updates. It's nice to hear the bits and pieces like icecream and elephant fountains it helps me to picture what it's like. I hope when you get your own house you'll be able to have more fruit and veg. Thanks so much for the call. Love Naomi

 
At 10:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were the friends elephants, or was the fountain elephants, or were they both the same thing?

Sounds great!

God bless ya

- John

 
At 9:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if the fountain was anything like the elephant fountain in Chambery? It had four elephants. We will have to look for a picture some time.

Love
Uncle Paul and Aunty Jenni

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home