Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Love from Poland

Hello from Rabka! I arrived last night but went straight to sleep. I woke up at 9am this mornig-which is great because my sleep pattern is already in the right time zone. Also the weather here is identical to that of Perth when I left. Cold and wet!! The main differences so far are that cars drive on the right side of the road and the language difference.

I had the best week before I left. So many friends and family caught up with me, called and emailed. Mum was amazing with helping me pack. We managed to get "everything I needed to take for a year" packed into only 16kg! After that I was allowed to add whatever I desired and at the airport I still had an extra kg to spare :-)

The flight had it's good points (good movies, fantastic mosturisers and the views coming into Hong Kong where amazing-think dark mountains, thousands of lights from buildings and then the ocean) but it also had some tough moments (loosing essential luggage that you can't replace at airports, a person collapsing on the plane and airports full of people who don't seem to understand English. But it is nice to be back in Poland.

This week is quiet. I am staying with a couple and the husbands English is about one level higher than my Polish which is great as I am learning new words. They go away on the weekend and I will be house sitting and looking after their kitten. Next week the team of Americans come to Rabka for an outreach project and so things will be busier.

Fingers crossed I can work out how to Publish this as all the commands are in Polish...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home