Friday, August 18, 2006

Rabka

I slept in till almost 10! Phoned home and had a casual day. This afternoon I visited Rabka and wandered the park, they have fantastic play equipment in Poland-I love it.
Tonight we had a reunion for camp. Everyone was so happy and like one big family. What a contrast to the first few days of camp!

One thing that amazed me about camp was the weather-it changed so suddenly, but was really obvious God was in control. We had rain the first few days then fine weather during the days for our outdoor activities then rain at night. One evening we played water games and as soon as we went inside it rained again! Poland needs rain at the moment but we needed fine weather and God provided both.

On camp I did something you can't do in Australia..... I stood in 2 countries at the same time! We went walking in the mountains and stood on the Czech Republic and Poland borders. I ate lots of Polish food (including Polish sausage) and was taught how to say "I'm looking for a husband"..... I really wanted a phone card and luckily knew enough Polish not to fall for their trick.

I represented Austraila well, taught people how to spell Mum correctly and to say "gday mate". I even overheard people saying how caring, friendly and nuturing Australians are-but they only had one example to go by. I shared my vegemite with people-funnily enough no one seemed to like it-but they loved pictures of koalas and kangaroos. Sometimes my accent is tricky for people as they are used to hearing American or English accents, people even go to Scotland to study English, so an Aussie accent is something new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home