Saturday, August 26, 2006

Crying out to God

Those of you who know me realise that I cry..... often a lot! God has been doing some amazing work on me and before going on my trip I hadn't cried for 25 days. I must confess that during my travels so far I have cried-just a little each time-but I think it's ok.

The first time was on the camp. I felt so empty yet God still amazing work that day, I guess I was in awe of His greatness. The other 4 times where all on conference. The first day I was overwhelmed with how great Gods love for me is. I don't deserve it but it is such a precious gift. Second was listening to the work God is doing in Bosnia. Missionaries there give so much and I guess I realised how little I do to encourage and support my brothers and sisters in Christ. Third was when I was reminded through a powerfull story how much the world is hurting and needs Christ and the fourth was certainly tears of joy as we heard how the gospel of Christ is changing lifes and impacting communities both spiritually and practically.

I had fun on camp, ringing alarm bells (the sign was in Hungarian, how was I meant to know....) climbing on hay bales, teasing 2 of the English men-they have a great sense of humor. It was great because my adventures led to people sharing fun they've got up to on mission trip and while serving God. It really felt like family! And in a way they where.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home