Friday, August 03, 2007

I got an invite :-)

In Proverbs it says that a gift opens doors to the giver-and last night it proved to be true. I came home and met a group of 9 children. I gave them balloons and played with them. Children are great because they seem to remember what it is like to communicate without words so they are patient and will dramatise and find a way to communicate. Plus they start learning English young so their level of English was about the same as my Polish.

The children then introduced me to their parents (I was introduced as Carolina as they thought that would be my Polish name) who where having a bbq. They gave me a glass of wine and talked about me. I understood more than they realised, which made me feel good. I played some more with the children and when it was time for them to leave I was invited to visit again today.

Camp next week is with teenagers-which can be tricky. It depends on if they think it is cool to speak English or not. I think teenagers are pretty much the same all over the world. It might take effort to connect with them but once you do it is more than worth it.


Sleep has been much better! Thanks for the prayers.
Love Keren

1 Comments:

At 4:56 AM , Blogger christine! said...

YAY you're in poland and so am i. in fact, you're standing right behind me RIGHT NOW. how cool is that? sweet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home