Saturday, August 19, 2006

Co to jest?

Mum, this photo of Polish Scrabble was taken for you! Hope your reading my blog :-)

The past few days have been very quiet. I have been studying my Polish and reading a lot of Christian literature-mostly about evangelism and nuturing baby Christians, prayer and encouraging my brothers in Christ.

Today I went to Zakopane, a tourist city near the mountains. On the way we saw a traditional Polish wedding. 8 horse and carts trotting down the main road. It is quite common to have traffic held up by a horse and cart in country Poland.

John 15:5b "apart from me you can do nothing" great thought! I've read it a few times recently and Doug used it in our devotions on camp. People are so quick to say you can do all things.... they almost forget the "through Christ who strengthens you". If you are feeling burnt out I want to encourage you to seek what God is calling you to do. Sometimes you might have to keep doing eveything your doing but remember to invite God to do it with you and let go. Do it in his strength not yours. It is taking me ages to learn this-Poland is certainly helping to teach me how small I am and how BIG God is.

1 Comments:

At 7:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Keren, yes I have been reading your blog. It was I who helped Matthew write his notes. Scrabble looks great. So many Z's! Pity they're not all worth 10 points.
Different E's are also a bit confusing. Horse and cart sounds like a wonderful idea for a wedding. Keep walking in God's strength and we'll see you soon.
Love from MUM!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home