Thursday, August 09, 2007

Wroclaw....the story begins

Sorry for not writing for a few days-the internet has been down and then I have been busy preparing lessons for camp which starts tomorrow.

Camp is for 22 youth and the days activities are English lessons, Bible study and then fun activities. I am running 11 English classes a multicultural night and a workshop on Aboriginal Art. Our aim is to give every student the chance to hear the gospel, understand the gospel and act on its message. Pray for boldness from the staff in sharing with the students and also good sleep!!!

Wroclaw so far has been good but I will tell you more about it when I have been here longer. I am staying with Rebecca in her apartment. She is a great help-a teacher who has been living in Poland for 6 months. She is very motherly and caring. Plus plays the piano and violin. The other girls my age are Debbie from Canada (just flew in today but has a great sense of humour), Christine from America (we are like peas in a pod-both allergic to green apples, both love to dance), Eve from Australia (Brisbane, gorgeous accent, of Polish decent and an avid traveller) and Maria (from Holland, gorgeous grey/green eyes, practical and just a pleasure to spend time with).

One thought that has stayed with me the last few weeks. When Joshua marched 7 times around Jericho it was not his strength but Gods that made the walls come tumbling down. It was Joshua being obedient that gave God the glory and fulfilled the promise he had made to Israel that they would take over the city. In the same way it is not in my strength that I do this. I am pretty worn out and a little tired of meeting great people but always saying goodbye. In Gods strength may He be glorified and people of Poland come to have a personal relationship with their Lord and Saviour!! Please keep praying and I will keep serving one step at a time.

I will not have email till after camp (maybe the 22nd or 23rd of August) so May God be with you till we meet again :-)

2 Comments:

At 8:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to hear you're making some good friends, God bless your work - I'll look forward to hearing about the camp.

- John

 
At 9:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely bunch of girls and you shouldn't need to keep leaving as you'll be in Wroclaw for some time now. Which one are you living with?
Matthew's birthday card arrived today a month and a week early. I let him open it and he was thrilled, especially by the balloon and asked "Am I 4 now?" so the post is obviously faster than we thought. Enjoy camp.
Love Naomi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home