Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Answered Prayer

Thank you all so much for your prayers!

I wanted to share a little more with you about what has happened in my classes over the past few weeks. I am building good relationships with my adults class. I have one good friend and we keep in touch via SMS and emails during the week and will be meeting for coffee this week. Also we listened to a song in class and the students had a great time, so they are going to come round my house for a Karaoke night before class next week.

The students are really getting along well and opening up in class. It is amazing how a simple activity can become a really deep conversation, giving you a glimpse of what there lives are like and the individual challenges they face. Please keep praying for opportunities to live out the gospel!

Childrens class is going ok. One of the students broke both his wrists a little before class so we are having a parent/teacher meeting this week. The children and I get along well but I have 8 boys in the class and now that they know me they are trying their hardest to push the boundaries so I have to be (in the students words) "strict but nice". We are planning a childrens segment at the Christmas carol service. We hope that parents will come along to see the childrens item and we will have an opportunity to share the gospel with them too.

I am a third of the way through my stay and really blessed to have some Australian friends staying with me for 2 nights. I took the opportunity over the long weekend to travel with them for a few days and the encouragement and fellowship was exactly what I needed. Thank you also for the continued encouragement from home. I am so glad I am not doing this alone.

God Bless!
From your sister in Christ

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries, just let us know what else comes up - I'll pray that the boys learn the boundaries well ;)

God Bless!
From your brother... in Christ ;)

 
At 3:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're never alone with God, he just uses us to show you that.

Love Naomi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home