Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Lesson Number 2

My second lesson was with children. They are a great group-8 boys and two girls!!
The girls seemed very shy while the boys wanted to see just how much they could get away with in the first lesson. People turned up very early for class and 5 minutes before the start one boy decided he was bored already. I told him that was okay as class hadn't started yet. I think I am going to have to find some English games/toys they can play with before class starts. Any ideas???

After class I went to the students Bible study group. It was so much fun. I used more Polish in one night then I had in the last month and I understood some of the words used. I was really welcomed and they made sure someone translated for me during the Bible study. I feel like I have had a big hug!! I really needed to spend time with other Christians.

3 Comments:

At 10:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello lovely Keren, your policeman is probably making sure you don't disappear without a permit. Your blog is great reading humourous and insightful, thankyou. The easiet games to start with would be collecting some pictures and writing english words that they have to match for animals, colours, weather whatever. Or a boggle challenge; how many english words can you make from these letters with a small prize (or privledge) for the winner or the best vocabulary, story books, homework, australiana. What age do you have and what English ability? Hangman could be good and you can use another image or guess limit if you don't want hanging in your classroom. I've got dozens of ideas but I don't yet know your group.
Huge love and hugs,
Naomi

 
At 10:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want something more active, get them to make the shape of an english letter with their bodies, or even spell out a whole word (maybe to match a picture). Or give each of them a letter, and show a picture or word - those in the group with their letter in the word (or whatever is pictured) have to go to one side of the room, everyone else goes to the other.

- John

 
At 3:23 PM , Blogger Keren said...

Thanks! All the ideas sound good and some I can use before class starts- I really wanted things they don't need me for, so when they come early they can entertain themselves. They are mostly 11 and 12 and there are 8 boys and 2 girls.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home