Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Autumn weather

The first part of Autumn is gorgeous! The weather has been sunny and warm for the last three days, the leaves are falling and it even smells really good! They are expecting that to change soon, the leaves will fall and the maximum temperatures will be maybe 7 degrees or less and it will rain...... so I am loving this weather while it lasts and remembering that if it didn't get cold then it wouldn't snow.

My Polish is slowly improving and I use it whenever I can. This weekend the elections will be held so please pray for it. I have started a conversation hour with a university student. It is great because she and I have similar interests so it is easy to speak with her for an hour a week.

I went shopping today and was amazed at price differences-things that are cheap in Australia might be expensive here and some things (like bathers) seem so cheap here. I am finding you get what you pay for. Cheap stuff really is cheaply made and good stuff is expensive. No in between stores like Target or Kmart. I ended up getting nice leather boots at an Op-shop (Praise God!) They often cost around 400 Zloty but I got mine for 40. I am listening to Nathans advice. He told me if I keep my feet warm I will be fine. And it is true!! There is nothing worse than having cold feet when walking outdoors.

I am reading the old testament-about Israel and how they always turned away from God. My American friends are concerned for their country. They tell me morals are declining, the economy is getting weaker and people are not seeking God. Sounds like the way the world goes. People forget Gods faithfullness. Being in Poland is a continous reminder to me of Gods faithfullness and provision-I am praying for opportunities to share that with people here.

3 Comments:

At 10:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Keren it was good to be able to speak to you today Uncle Fred and Auntie Mary

 
At 12:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I got way behind on the news but I've caught up now. I hope you had a lovely birthday and I'll speak to you later. Love always,
Naomi

 
At 7:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, it sounds like you are having an amazing time. God has a plan for everyone, it just manifests itself in His time not ours. Keep the faith. You will truly change many peoples lives.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home