Thursday, August 23, 2007

Camp News

Camp was amazing! I grew a lot in my faith and from the discussions I'm sure others did too. Everyday was so busy that the 10 days felt like a month. Thank God we are working in his strength and not our own. Some of the highlights where seeing castles in the Czech Republic and having multi cultural and Polish nights. Even more amazing was the good friendships formed. Everyday since camp I have met with people from camp.

Which brings me to my next news-I finally have a home. It is amazing and contains almost everything I might need. It is very, very modern and spacious for a Polish apartment and it really feels like a home. In the next few weeks I should get 2 housemates. One from the Ukraine and one from England.

So I have about a week to settle in, work on visas to stay in Poland, stock my kitchen and get to know my neighborhood. The culture in Poland is different to Australia and some days I love it but others I have to bite my tongue and just take a step back and be ok that people in other countries do things differently. One thing that amazed me...... Ute's are something pretty unique to Australia. The English, Americans, Canadians and Polish haven't heard of them. It is late so more another time.

God Bless,
Keren

2 Comments:

At 9:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds brilliant. You might find they have another name for Utes perhaps "pickups" in america as I think they're an American invention. I'm suprised you've a flatmate from Ukraine, it will be quite a multicultural household, fun and grace-provoking.
Love
Naomi

 
At 3:27 AM , Blogger Debsty said...

Hey Keren! this is debbie...your canadian teamate in poland =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home