Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My First Day of School

Yesterday was my first day of work!! It wasn't planned but I went to the school to ask some questions and one of the staff was away sick so next thing I know I'm given a crash course and am marking tests and interviewing students. I don't know who was more nervous-me or the students I was interviewing!!


This is Patrick-one of the teachers I work with at the school. I think his title is "Director of Studies". He came on the youth camp and was brave enough to participate in the water fight.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a sign at the goverment department where you apply for residency which says:
Alien Services
and sometimes that is how you feel when living in another country. After work last night I went shopping to stock my fridge and pantry. It is like everything is put in a different package and the labels are mixed up! So the rice is in a box instead of a bag and cereal (usually in a box at home) is in a bag and brands such as Maggi have a complete different name although logos and colouring and lettering style are the same.

2 Comments:

At 9:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's amazing that branding works across the world and languages. That's great to start work, were you assessing what level to put students at? How is your residency application going?
Naomi

 
At 9:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're already in the thick of things. How's you're Polish going? That's the question I'm most frequently asked and I don't know the answer! I'm pleased that you like your new home and pray that your room mates will be as pleasant.
MUM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home