Sunday, November 11, 2007

It's snowing!!!

Wow, snow is amazing! I have made mini snowmen, thrown snowballs and even made a snow angel. Everything is so white, and quiet and COLD. The parent teacher night was a great sucess. Most of the parents came and the ones I talked to said their children really enjoyed my class!!

The student Bible study group I attend is really excited about being more active for Christ so are organising events to build relationships. They have also started a new initiative-morning tea after Church!! It is not common in Poland and is a great way for uniting Christians and building relationships in the Church. It was something I took for granted in Australia but a vital ministry. So thank you to all those people who make tea and coffee, bring cakes and biscuits and wash dishes every Sunday!!

This week I also spoke with both my conversation students about God. They have very different views so it is good to get a feel for where they are at. One is very open to talking about God and said that is why she likes the Baptists-as they talk about God and think about what the Bible says. The other doesn't believe we have souls, just minds and that when we die life just ends.

It is Rememberance day in Australia and Polish Independence day here. So tonight I will go to a free concert where Actors sing poems written by a famous Polish author..... Not quite sure what to expect but am sure it will be fun!

~Keren

ps I ate at the oldest restaurant in Europe!

2 Comments:

At 11:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good - snow is fun, cold and when it gets in your ear - it's very wet as well.

I guess I take talking after church for granted a bit, it's good to hear some changes to encourage Christian's meeting more after Church.

Tell us what the poems are like!

- John

 
At 9:55 PM , Blogger Debsty said...

A third of your stay there done already?! Where did time go? =)

i'm so glad you're building deep relationships and having fun there; and thanks for the cd from camp -- i just got it! Did you two get my letter yet?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home