Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving day

Here is the view from my window....... with snow!

On Saturday I experienced another first-Thanksgiving. I travelled to a nearby mining town called Lubin and shared with the Americans missionaries (mostly from Send International) eating turkey and stuffing and cranberry sauce and corn and pumpkin pie! The children put on a thanksgiving play and we sang a few hymns (in English!! How I miss corporate worship in English).
Today I am thankful as I write to you from my new computer (a gift) surrounded by toy Australian animals and french onion soup (you can't buy it in Poland!!) I have a bad cold but the director of the school has visited- bringing with her a truck load of medications and advice (she realised an Australian might not have a lot of knowledge about surviving the winter).

6 Comments:

At 8:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Keren, your view is beautiful, really beautiful. Thanks. Sounds like God is looking after you well. I'm sorry to hear that you are still sick and will pray for healing for you (along with healing for Sarah's eyes and selling our car.) The camp director sounds sweet and probably isn't far wrong about Australians. Are you still able to teach?
Love Naomi

 
At 11:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you have people looking after you like that. It's good that you could visit the americans too - I know that it really makes a difference being able to worship in your own language.

Keep up the good work!

- Brother John ;)

 
At 9:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kez,
Did you enjoy pumpkin pie? I really liked it in Japan and keep thinking I should get the recipe... I wonder if its the same as the Americans have. Hope you get better real soon.
Love Nat

 
At 10:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the view, would take a while to tire of a pretty scene like that. Keep warm and know we are praying for a speedy recovery.
Love MUM

 
At 11:06 AM , Blogger christine! said...

you had thanksgiving in LUBIN?!?! hey, i know those people! and i know the kids too - andrew, aaron, and alaina? they are so wonderful! and i bet you got to spend some more time with rich and andrea?

are you feeling better now, since thanksgiving?

 
At 11:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Keren, how are you doing? It's been awhile since you posted or emailed. We love you and look forward to catching up. Take Care
Love Naomi
PS It looks like Sarah's eyes are better (again) but we still haven't been able to sell the car

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home