Sunday, January 27, 2008

Happy Australia Day!!

And I am cooking up a storm, Pavlova, ANZAC biscuits and lamingtons! Yum! I had an Australia day party on Friday with my childrens class. It was fun to taste vegemite, listen to the didgeridoo and learn some Aussie words.

The students group ran the Church service last Sunday-it went really well and was enjoyed by everyone. We have another one planned already (well, as planned as you can get in Poland) and we have 2 more outreaches planned with the students group. We also have many ideas for semester two so next Saturday I've organised missions ideas day-so we can pray, discuss ideas and keep excited about the schools mission.

Holidays are in two weeks and I'm nervous as the first week I will be on childrens camp. Probably less than 5% of the people on camp will speak more English than I speak Polish....... my latest mistake was to say my Dad is a tormentor rather than an office worker...... Ooooops!

We had student feedback at the end of last term and apparently I got the best feedback of all the teachers! Wow! That is partly luck (I have great classes-which helps, I doubt I am a better teacher then people who are experienced) but makes me feel confident that I am doing a good job.

Oh, and I got a haircut so am looking more and more Polish!!

God Bless,
Keren

1 Comments:

At 3:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun languages are! Some people might consider Tax officer to be tormentors. And it is nice to be voted the best, sometimes enthusiasm counts for more than experience, having fun makes learning easier. Lots of Love
Naomi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home