Friday, April 18, 2008

Poland is normal life












Sorry I've been slower at writing recently-I've realised that life in Poland feels normal to me now and I forget that it is a world away from my life in Australia! I have been studying REALLY hard this week..... but not Polish-actually English! I've come across some complicated grammar and need to know it before I can teach it. Wow-languages can be hard.

The first photo is of some of the children I work with at kids club. This was taken on the winter camp. I slid down that hill with the children so many times! What fun!
The second is me at teachers retreat. We visited a famous castle-it isn't only the castles that are old here. Religion is so rooted in tradition and what has been passed down through the generations. Please pray that people in Poland might see God and the Bible as something relevant for their everyday lives-not just as ancient tradition.
The third photo is the view from my window at the mission conference in Spain. Aaaaah, Sea, Sand, Sun, Sieastas......and snails!!! I thought it was only the French who ate snails-bt the Spanish do to.
The students in my adults class have really bonded together-they also enjoy talking to me after class and during breaks which has given me the opportunity to sharea little more of my faith. I want to share so much more but it is little by little or they seem to switch off as though I'm talking about something that happens in far off Australia not here.
The 8 days of Evangelism went well-it was interesting for me as the speaker spoke in German, which was translated into Polish and then a friend translated it into English for me!!! Still, the messages and worship time where something special. I know it was encouraging for the Christians in Wroclaw and hope that it will impact the wider community too.
I arrive home in 10 weeks from today!!! So much to do, so little time..........







2 Comments:

At 4:45 AM , Blogger christine! said...

that picture from spain looks BEAUTIFUL! i'm so excited that you got to go. sounds like you're having fun but being challenged too - especially with language. it IS such a tricky thing! i didn't realize that until i went to poland.

how is that for you, having life in poland being "normal" now?

 
At 3:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update and I love the photos, it so lovely to see and hear what you've been up to and your life in Poland.
Love always
Naomi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home